Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WEGO Challenge- Day #4

 Hey everyone - I just wanted to tell you about a new activity I'll be doing this April. The Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge hosted by WEGO Health. I will be writing a post a day for all 30 days. I hope you'll join me in writing every day about health. It's going to be a lot of fun and I'd love to see what you have to say about each of the topics, too. All you have to do to join is sign up here:http://info.wegohealth.com/HAWMC2012 and you'll be able to start posting once April rolls around. Looking forward to writing with you!
http://info.wegohealth.com/HAWMC2012/



WEGO Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge...Day #4:


I write about my health because… Reflect on why you write about your health for 15-20 minutes without stopping.


Well, I don't really write about my health, but instead, I write about my son's. I write to help get the word out about what Type 1 Diabetes really is (as we all know, there's a ton of mis-communications all over the media about the different types of diabetes!). I write to spread awareness, to educate others, and, hopefully, to help families newly diagnosed with the disease learn from, and find support, other people living with it. I also post to share the excitement my family feels when we are doing various fundraisers, or when Little Man has made an accomplishment with learning more about his diabetes management/care. I write in hopes of inspiring others.

I write in hopes that a family whose child was just diagnosed, will come across my blog, and find some inspiration, and realize that they are not alone in this fight. We are all fighting right along side them, all hoping for a cure for their child, as well as our own.

I write in hopes that someone who is unfamiliar with the day to day life of someone with Type 1 Diabetes, will learn something more about the disease, the warning signs, the daily struggles every person with Type 1 has with managing their disease, and to hopefully "debunk" some of the false information that is out there, online, in books, and on the news.

I write to share fundraising ideas with others who are working hard to help the wonderful researchers and scientists working so hard to find a cure for our kids.

And, I admit, I write, in hopes that one day, when my son is older and having a "bad day" (and you all know the kind of bad day's I mean!), that he will come across this little blog, and read through it, and realize just how much we love and care for him. How much we tried to do the very best we could do for him, in every aspect of his life, health, and education.

I write for my son. I write for the thousands of children all around the world living with Type 1 Diabetes. I write for the families. I write to raise hopes and inspirations and love in the people who are touched by my blog. I write to educate. I write to advocate. I write to spread awareness.

I... just write.



No comments: