Monday, April 23, 2012
WEGO Challenge Day 23 (Merry Monday Recipes-Grilled Honey-Garlic Ribs)
Grilled Honey-Garlic Ribs
3-4 lbs country style pork ribs
2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon ground ginger
4 cloves garlic, minced
1. Place all ingredients into a large ziploc bag.
2. Close bag, and shake until ingredients are well mixed
3. Add ribs.
4. Shake bag to coat ribs thoroughly.
5. Place ribs in refrigerator to marinate overnight, turning occationally.
6. Remove rigs from bag, reserve the marinade.
7. Light charcoal grill, and let coals ash, you want a medium fire.
8. Place ribs on grill.
9. Turn ribs every 10-15 minutes and baste with remaining marinade each time.
10. Cook ribs until done, about 1 hour.
11. Throw away extra marinade.
Total carbs: 11.8
I did these on an electric grill, and they were extremely yummy! Total fat will depend on how lean your rib meat is. I typically try to opt for as lean meat as possible, if not, I cut fat pieces off to allow for less fat in the dish.
Do you have a great recipe you would like to share? Email it to me at T1DTeamLenny@gmail.com and I will make it for my family, and post it here on the blog to share with other D-mama's and D-daddy's! Let the sharing begin!