Saturday, April 14, 2012

WEGO 30 Day Challenge- My Dream Day


WEGO- Day 14--My Dream Day. Describe your ideal day. How would you spend your time? Who would you spend it with? Have you had this day? If not – how could you make it happen?

My ideal day would be the day they find a cure for diabetes, for all the families, children, and adults living with diabetes.

The day they find a cure, I'd march my little man down to wherever we'd need to be to get his cure, cure him, and celebrate! I'd take him out to eat, let him play till his little heart was content, without the worry and thoughts of "is he going low?", or "is that huge dinner he just ate, full of fats and proteins, going to make his sugars sky high?".  I'd let him eat as much junk food as he wanted (and if he's anything like his mommy was as a child.... eat it till he throws up LOL!).I'd want to take him to every fair, carnival, and amusement park in our area and let him ride every ride, eat at every little cosession stand, till his belly was so full he'd beg to go home and sleep it off! I'd let him do all the things I've been holding off on over the years, because I was too nervous to let him do it/have it because of his diabetes.

I'd let him target practice with his insulin pump. 

There's so many things I'd probably want to do with him once he's cured... its hard to put it all into words, and would be even harder to do it all in just a 24 hour period!

Of course, the people we'd spend the first day of this "dream" would be our family... Daddy, Little Princess (Little Man's sister), G (grandma), Pap (grandpap), and if possible, Grandma Janet and Pappy Dave.

Have we had this day? No, unfortunately. But, I feel it is just around the corner, and pray it will be within his lifetime. How we can make it happen is exactly what our family has been doing for the last 3 years...

Fundraising.
Fundraising.
Fundraising.....

Advocating.
Advocating.
Advocating....

Educating.
Educating.
Educating....

And keep dreaming BIG... because even the big dreams come true at some point!


No comments: