Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Recent DRI Publications..

Have I ever told you all how much I love the fact that the DRI is so open about information? I love that I can go to their website and find various information about them, get fundraising ideas, reach out to someone there when I have a question, need advice, etc. They have helped my family (and many other families I know) on a multitude of levels.

If you haven't ever heard about the DRI Foundation (Diabetes Research Institute Foundation), I'd like to encourage you to visit their website and learn about them.

Last summer, after meeting another local mom who has a child around Lenny's age who also has Type 1 Diabetes, and talking with her about the organization she supports, the DRI, I decided to read more about this organization. I had never heard of the DRI prior, and I was curious to learn more about them, their mission, and the type of people "working behind the microscope" so to speak.

I spent a good month reading, re-reading, and reading again, various pages on their website. After reading and talking to various local supporters, as well as people from the DRI Foundation organization, I knew this organization was the right choice for my family, for my son. They are "The Best Hope for A Cure!"

I wanted to share a recent publication they have on their website with you.

DRI Foundation 2010 Annual Report

Please, feel free to visit their website www.diabetesresearch.org to learn more about the DRI, their cure-focused mission on finding a cure for our children, how you can help, and more. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me (T1DTeamLenny@gmail.com) or contact them directly.

We all want a cure for our children, and I strongly believe that the DRI Foundation is "The Best Hope for a CURE!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just stopped by and wanted to comment that I think your blog is wonderful. What an honest and helpful resource.