November 9th, 2010 is the 6th Annual D-Blog Day! The topic for this year's event is:
6 Things You'd Like People To Know About Diabetes.
So, in light of D-blog Day, and the chosen topic, If I had to choose only 6 things I'd like people to know, they would be the following:
- Type 1 Diabetics can not "outgrow" their condition.
- Type 1 Diabetes is an auto-immune disease.
- Type 1 Diabetes is not caused by eating too much, eating too much sugar, etc.
- Type 1 Diabetics can eat anything, including sugary foods, in moderation.
- Type 1 Diabetics may not "look sick" on the outside, but on the inside is a different story.
- And finally, there is no cure for Type 1 Diabetes. It is a lifelong condition.
What are yours?
Would you like to read what other D-Moms would like people to know about diabetes? CLICK HERE!