Monday, November 8, 2010

"Breakthrough: Elizabeth Hughes, the Discovery of Insulin, and the Making of a Medical Miracle"

"Breakthrough: Elizabeth Hughes, the Discovery of Insulin, and the Making of a Medical Miracle" book.

I have been seeing this book being mentioned often in the online diabetes community. Judging by the reviews on it on Amazon, it sounds like a very informative, educational book about what it was like for people diagnosed with diabetes before insulin was discovered, the discovery of insulin, and the research involved. While, I have yet to read this book, I do personally plan to order it soon and educate myself on the miracle medication that helps so many children with diabetes live normal lives!

Have you read it  yet? If so, share your personal thoughts on it! Inquiring minds want to know!!

If not, you can get the book "Breakthrough: Elizabeth Hughes, the Discovery of Insulin, and the Making of a Medical Miracle" on Amazon now for only $16.49.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't read it...I think it was covered somewhat in Cheating Destiny (another AWESOME "d" book). I'll have to check this book out...thanks for the tip.