Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Leap Year

I hope you all were smarter than me this Leap Year!

Yesterday morning, as I was hustling and bustling to get the kids up and ready for school, downloading pump info onto our Diasend portal page, and all the other craziness that goes on first thing in the morning on a Monday morning..... I had a minor melt-down!

After Little Man's pump information completed its downlaod and I logged onto Diasend to take a peek at the trends and determine if any adjustments need to be made, I noticed something very odd.

It was showing the wrong date for the last 5 days!!

How in the world did this happen? Is our pump going bad? Surely it isn't, since we j-u-s-t got this new one sent to us a few weeks ago! What in the world is going on??

All questions and comments that ran through my mind.

Then. It hit me.

Leap Year!


The once every 4 year event where February has 29 days instead of 28.

The pump only reads February as having 28 days, apparently!

(good to know.... now!) LOL!


So, yes. I hope you were all much smarter than me this Leap Year, and remembered to change those dates on your pumps and meters!

If you weren't so lucky....then at least I don't feel so alone!

Go change those bad boys now before you forget! HEHE!

(Then, don't forget to change the time this Saturday... for Daylights Savings Time!)

No comments: